Dubai: The world’s first self-driving transport pod was tested in Dubai. Those alone can be used alone or used like buses. These pods of 20 km/hrs. can be separated in 5 seconds and can be added in 15 seconds. At the same time, 10 people can sit in every pod for 3 hours running full charge. NEXT Future Transportation Inc. has designed it.
RTA Director General Mattar Al Tayer said that the drivers will be one of the world’s smartest cities from this pod.
The RTA said the test came within the framework of the Dubai Future Accelerators programme, which sees public entities partner with the private sector to address key challenges.
Its challenges under the third edition of the programme was to “create a sustainable and integrated framework for autonomous transport legislation, testing, and operation in an urban context, with a preference for clean and alternative fuels, as well as breakthrough technologies to support decision making and help cyclists and pedestrians travel in hot and humid climates”.
- It has been designed to cover short and medium distance.
- It has the ability to carry 10 passengers. Weight 1500kg is.
- The average speed of each pod is 20Km / h
- It has a battery that runs for up to three hours. The battery can be recharged in 6 hours.
- It has three types of protection systems installed for safety.
- The main system has a 3D camera. The second protection system is equipped with a simple camera and the third camera is manually operated by the operator.
- There is a target in Dubai that by 2030 this pod could be taken to the streets for people.